The entity that publishes information in the form of cookies (so-called cookies) and other similar technologies in the terminal device (eg computer, laptop, smartphone, Smart TV) and accessing them is Wirtualna Polska and Trusted Partners.
Cookies are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the end device of the Service user, including portals and websites or applications. Cookies contain the domain name of the website they come from, the time they are stored on the end device and a unique name. Cookies store information that is often necessary for the website to function properly. In cookie files, a unique number can be stored which identifies the user’s device but on its basis the user’s identity is not determined.
The publisher’s website may place a cookie file in your browser if the browser allows it. Importantly, the browser allows the website to access only the cookies placed by this website, not to files placed by other websites.
Why do we use it?
• provision of Services;
• customizing the content of portals, services and applications to user preferences and optimizing the use of websites; e.g. cookies allow in particular to identify the user’s device and properly display a website tailored to their individual needs;
• creating statistics that help to understand how users use the websites and applications, which allows improving their structure and content;
• maintaining the user’s session (after logging in), so that the user does not have to re-enter their login and password on every subpage of the given website and application;
• advertising presentation, including in a way that takes into account the interests of the user or his place of residence (individualising the advertising message) and with the guarantee of excluding the possibility of multiple presenting the same advertisement to the user;
• implementation of surveys – in particular to avoid multiple presentations of the same questionnaire to the same recipient and to present surveys in a way that takes into account the interests of recipients.
Types of cookies that we use?
Due to the lifetime of cookies and other similar technologies, we use two basic types of these files:
• session – temporary files stored in the user’s end device until logging out, leaving the website and applications or turning off the software (web browser);
• permanent – stored in the user’s end device for the time specified in the cookie file parameters or until the user deletes them.
Due to the purpose of cookies and other similar technologies, we use the following types:
• services and applications necessary to operate – enabling the use of our services, e.g. authentication cookies used for services requiring authentication;
• files used to ensure security, e.g. used to detect fraud in the field of authentication
• performance – enabling the collection of information on the use of websites and applications;
• functional – allowing “remembering” the settings selected by the user and personalizing the user interface, eg in terms of the selected language or region of the user’s origin, font size, the appearance of the website and applications, etc .;
• advertising – enabling users to provide advertising content more tailored to their interests;
• statistical – used for counting statistics on websites and applications.